Ian has been appointed to run many Adult Education courses since autumn 2013, covering Creative Writing in many locations for Birmingham Adult Education Service, and an observed lesson was graded as ‘outstanding’…
The Creative Writing courses run at various times of years for full terms. Up-to-date details can be found on Ian’s website IQK, here: http://iqkennedy.co.uk/creative-writing-courses-open-to-all-across-birmingham/
The courses draw on Ian’s extensive professional experience in all of these areas and provide a thorough overview of not only the skills needed for writing, but also careers in writing and the industry more generally.
Here, unabridged, is the feedback received in October 2013 from observations of a lesson from these ongoing, mixed-abilities Creative Writing courses for Birmingham Adult Education Service:
Explanations given by the tutor are very clear and understanding is being checked throughout the session.
The tutor is very much acting as a facilitator throughout the session, which gives him the opportunity to give continuous one to one feedback and support.
- Excellent peer assessment and assessment for learning has taken place.
- All activities are learner centred.
- Excellent questioning technique to elicit previous knowledge.
- Lesson very well structured.
- Cohesive SOW [Scheme of Work] and lesson plans.
- Tutor very aware of the strengths ad weaknesses and progress of each single learner.
- Excellent differentiation seen in class and on Group Profile [form]
Summary of learner feedback:
- Lessons are very well planned and structured.
- We always get thorough oral and written feedback.
- We have already learnt many things we didn’t know before, e.g. the essence of a story, how to use the formula to “pitch” a story etc.
- I like his teaching style.
- He gets the best out of us.
This was an outstanding lesson because:
- All learners achieved their personal learning goal.
- The tutor takes immediate action after learners’ feedback and adapts his plan and teaching style accordingly.
- He is very aware of the learners’ various backgrounds and learning styles which feeds into his lesson planning and individual support.
- He has an excellent knowledge and passion for his subject which motivates and inspires the learners.
If you’d like us to run courses like this for you, just get in touch! To make your own order or enquiry now, email email@example.com, or call Ian on 0787 964 5897!