Ian created and ran this community history project which resulted in an hour’s documentary in three parts, broadcast on Castle Vale Community Radio with live interviews with Ian, and five compiled three-minute features which were broadcast on BBC WM…
Telling the story of the transformations of this remarkable housing estate in Birmingham, these eye-opening three-minute features (compiled by Ian for BBC WM from his three-part documentary for Castle Vale Community Radio) include studio interviews with key figures and residents of the estate and some remarkable stories. The full documentary included introductions by Carl Chinn, and the short features below were compiled by Ian and broadcast on BBC WM in their prominent Breakfast Show.
- After time as a Second World War airfield and Spitfire factory, and a rural spell, the coming of the estate (3.6MB)
- The estate in decline (3.3MB)
- Bringing change to Castle Vale (3.2MB)
- Beginning the regeneration of the estate (3.3MB)
- The achievement of Castle Vale, and a brighter future (3.6MB)
If services like this could be of interest to you or your organisation, get in touch today!